I could have written a huge post on how 2017 unfolded for me and the things I learnt, but instead I’ve decided to do something a little bit different… Inspired by this list by Danielle LaPorte I’m sharing 16 of the best things I did in 2017. From little things, to bigger life-changing things, here’s some of the best things I did to make the most of the year (in no particular order)…
1. I started the year with a 31 day yoga experiment — then decided to do yoga every day for an entire year, which I did. And I’m still going now. This practice has been life-changing and keeps me grounded no matter what’s going on in my life or how full my schedule is. I’ve written about this experiment here and here.
2. I decided to go ALL IN on learning to drive and overcoming my fear of driving — for however long it was going to take. This was so powerful in so many ways, especially because I decided to keep showing up and keep trying even when it was challenging and I wanted to give up. And then, on September 22nd I passed drivers test and became a licensed driver! More on this here.
3. Stepped back in other areas of my life, in order to focus and devote myself to the things I was working on at the time eg. getting my licence. Learnt that sometimes devotion means letting areas of your life become unbalanced, and that’s okay.
4. Allowed myself to acknowledge and celebrate that my achievements are a big deal.
5. Started most of my days in 2017 with water and apple cider vinegar (or lemon) and by watering my herb garden.
6. Going on our annual family holiday at the end of Winter and getting to spend a week relaxing with my family. Plus I also had my phone turned off for the entire week (minus a couple of Instagram posts) and didn’t go on a computer for a week (so good!).
7. Read Essentialism by Greg McKeown and continued to simplify and focus on what was important.
9. Did a road trip to Brisbane and back home along the East Coast of Australia. This is something that my boyfriend and I had wanted to do for seven years now and it was awesome to get to experience that together this year.
10. Started using a stainless steel water bottle.
11. After years of experiencing pain and discomfort from my wisdom teeth, I finally went and saw someone about it and then had surgery to get them all removed a couple of months later. Even though I was stressed and anxious about going to hospital for the firs time ever and the recovery wasn’t fun, it was such a good reminder to not put things like this off and now I’m so glad I got it done.
12. Started watching The Good Place (which was actually during my recovery from surgery).
13. Switched to Zoom for my 1:1 client sessions instead of Skype.
14. Shared about how I really feel about personal development and had lots of honest conversations with people about this (and similar) topics.
15. I gave myself permission to really (and fully) be okay with where I am right now, even though there were things that I’ve wanted to happen last year that didn’t. This decision brought so much contentment to my life last year and allowed me to embrace where I was right now and make the most of it, while I continued to work towards what I want.
16. Made an effort to get out and walk at my favourite local beach more than ever before.
Enter your details below to get access to The Infinite Collection — a FREE (and growing) library of resources to help you get the most out of your one infinite life. There’s currently an epic eBook, worksheets, workbooks, audios and more!
Plus you’ll also receive super exclusive content from me each week, including personal stories and insights, behind-the-scenes peeks (that I don’t share anywhere else!) and lots more.