Hey there, incredible human!
My name is Chloe Wigan. I’m a Certified Life Coach and writer with a background in psychology. My mission (the quick version) to help you get the most out of your one infinite life.
I’ve wanted to do this — or to do something that makes a positive difference in the world for a really long time.
It all began when I was 12 years old and I read my first ever personal development book. This made me realise that you could intentionally make your life better and ever since then I’ve been interested in personal development, making a difference and positive psychology.
This led to me studying psychology at university and undertaking my life coach certification and actually taking action towards what I wanted.
And now — more than twelve years after I picked up my first self-help book — I support people in overcoming what’s holding them back, so they can take empowered action towards what they want — and ultimately get the most out of their one infinite life.
I believe in acting like what you do makes a difference (because it does), being grateful and that anything is possible if you show up and do the work. I currently live my life guided by these three words: What’s really important?
This is my little corner of the Internet where I write and share my thoughts, experiences and insights on life.
I hope you enjoy your time here and find something that makes your day — and life — better than before 🙂
Want to know more? Here’s 10 things about me:
1. I live on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria (Australia) and think I live in one of the greatest places in the world. I love it here and I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else right now.
2. I’m an internationally certified (and award nominated) life coach with the Beautiful You Coaching Academy. Enrolling in life coach training was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and I love supporting my clients to get the most out of their one infinite life. You can find out more about working 1:1 with me here.
3. I’m currently obsessed with: Chai, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and listening to the Harry Potter series on audiobook. Plus here’s an entire list of things I’m obsessed with.
4. I’ve been practicing gratitude for 11+ years now. It all started with a rock when I was thirteen years old and after a life-changing experience with gratitude when I was 19 — I now truly and wholeheartedly believe that gratitude can help us to find the good in each and every day. This is why I’m really passionate about sharing my tips and experiences with gratitude and also why I guide people through experimenting with gratitude in The 28 Day Gratitude Project.
5. My star sign is Libra and my Myer’s Brigg personality type is INFJ.
6. I grew up wanting to be a psychologist because I thought that was how I could support people in getting the most out of their lives. Even though I realised I didn’t want to be a psychologist anymore, I still moved 230km away from home when I was 19 to go to university to study a Bachelor of Psychological Science.
7. When I was 21 I spent 10 days in silence at a Vipassana meditation retreat, where I meditated for 10 hours a day. This was one of the most challenging things I’ve ever done, but I’m not sure it’s something I’d do again…
8. My word for 2017 is YES. I chose this word after reading The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes last year (one of my favourite books — ever!). I believe saying “yes” to things that scare you is one of the best ways to live fully.
9. I’m currently devoted to: Serving my clients. Doing work that feels meaningful to me. Getting on my yoga may every single day (no.matter.what). Reading (at least) one book a week. Overcoming my fear of driving. And binge-watching Homeland on Netflix.
10. I believe in making the world a better place — in whatever way you can. That showing up, doing your best and helping others can cause an infinite ripple effect in the world. And the quote I’m currently trying to live my life by: “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James.