The first month of the year involved a whole lot of devotion, but honestly I’ve been doing too much work.
There has been too many long hours (and days) working at the computer and less of the stuff that makes me feel good.
Last week I asked myself: Am I honestly happy with how I’ve been spending my life-minutes?
The answer was not surprisingly: No.
As Marriane Williamson said: “We are often tired and imbalanced not because we are doing too much, but because we are doing too little of what is most real and meaningful.”
And I definitely was not doing enough of what was real and most important to me.
From this simple question, I started to be more conscious about the way I was spending my time. I made a conscious effort to exercise and do stuff for myself before starting work, I took half an hour away to step away from work when I had lunch and I made an effort to switch off earlier at the end of the day.
It also started a ripple effect of more questions (which I’ve included in this post).
I truly believe that asking ourselves questions can be super powerful and insightful, and because of that, here are 76 questions to ask yourself today, tomorrow, when you’re not feeling great — whenever really.
Some of them are simple, some of them are not, some of these I’ve been asking myself recently and some have come from my favourite blog posts and books.
These questions will spark self-discovery, inspire positive change, and make you stop and think about yourself and the way you’re living life.
1. Am I honestly happy with how I’ve been spending my life-minutes?
2. What do I really, truly want?
3. Is this REALLY what I want?
4. How will I feel after I’ve done [that thing I’ve been meaning to do for ages]?
5. What am I grateful for right now?
6. What can I choose — [today / this season / this year] — that will carry me towards maximum satisfaction and minimal regret? — Alexandra Franzen
7. How can I amplify what I’m currently doing (even a little)?
8. How can I make someone’s day today?
9. Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you? — Jack Gilbert via Elizabeth Gilbert
10. Am I playing small right now?
11. How can I add more joy into my day?
12. How much do I want this?
13. If I could go back in time would I really do anything differently? — Inspired by this book.
14. What am I currently resisting?
15. [Am I] gravitating toward the safest option at the expense of growth? — Todd Henry
16. Am I willing to do what it takes to get where I want to go?
17. What will I truly regret NOT doing?
18. What is truly important to me?
19. What does life want from me? — Eckhart Tolle
20. What’s stopping me from showing up the way I want to?
21. How does this fit into the vision I have for my life?
22. If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? — Steve Jobs
23. What can I do today that my future self will thank me for?
24. How can I be grateful for this?
25. What do I truly want to be known for?
26. What am I devoted to? — Alexandra Franzen
27. What do I need to give myself permission to do?
28. What does my ideal day look and FEEL like?
29. What I do really need right now?
30. How do I want to feel? — Danielle Laporte
31. What can I do to feel the way I want to feel? — Danielle Laporte
32. Who am I really?
33. Who am I becoming?
34. What do I want to learn today? — Todd Henry
35. What did I learn today? — Todd Henry
36. What’s truly holding me back right now?
37. What do I need to do in order to make this happen?
38. Does this spark joy? — Marie Kondō
39. What’s the worst thing that could happen?
40. What will I stand for today? — Todd Henry
41. If [worst case scenario] happened would I survive?
42. What’s the BEST thing that could happen?
43. Where can I add value today?
44. How can I add value today?
45. What’s [my] favourite flavour of shit sandwich? — Mark Manson & Elizabeth Gilbert
46. Meaning: What are you passionate enough about that you can endure the most disagreeable aspects of the work? — Elizabeth Gilbert
47. What seeds can I plant today?
48. How can I celebrate someone else today?
49. What really matters to me?
50. What will I stand for today? — Todd Henry
51. How can I create more space in my life?
52. What do I believe?
53. What would the best version of myself do in this situation?
54. Am I truly happy with the way I’m showing up in the world at the moment?
55. What am I bored of? — Alexandra Franzen
56. How can I give today?
57. Where do I feel stuck right now?
58. What if I forgave myself even though I’d done something I shouldn’t have? — Cheryl Strayed
59. What’s not working for me at the moment?
60. How would you act differently tomorrow if you knew that your actions and attitude on that one day were going to be a permanent testament to your life? — Todd Henry
61. Then: How does your imagined behaviour compare with how you are actually living your life today? — Todd Henry
62. How can I do more?
63. How can I do less?
64. How am I getting in my own way? — Elizabeth Gilbert
65. How can I have more fun with this?
66. How can I reach my long term vision in ways that feel [insert your desired feelings]? — Danielle Laporte
67. What am I ready to let go of?
68. Am I truly happy with the way I’ve spent my life-minutes today/this week/this month/this year?
69. What don’t I want?
70. What open loops can I close? — Todd Henry
71. How do I want to live my life?
72. What can I takeaway from this experience?
73. What would you do even if you knew that you might very well fail? — Elizabeth Gilbert
74. How badly do I want this?
75. What Good shall I do this day? — Benjamin Franklin
76. What Good have I done today? — Benjamin Franklin
I’ve created a FREE workbook for you which includes the 76 questions in this blog post, so you can put pen to paper and really dive into exploring them and creating positive change in your life.
You’ll also get access to the entire The Infinite Collection — a free (and growing) library of free resources to help you get the most out of your one infinite life. There’s currently an epic eBook, worksheets, workbooks, audios and more!
And if you’re looking for some 1:1 support from someone who will ask you the big and powerful questions, step right this way.
Love & Gratitude,
PS. You might also enjoy: Ready to commit to a goal? Ask yourself these questions first.