Inspired by Danielle Laporte, here are 33 of the best things I ever did…
1. Started taking action before I felt ‘ready’ — and realised that I would never ever truly feel ready anyway.
2. Started living my life based on how I wanted to feel. The Desire Map revolutionised the way I approached my goals and entire life in general.
3. Actually started using the treadmill that was gathering dust in my parent’s garage.
4. Devoted myself to really practicing gratitude.
5. Started trying to be my authentic self. Then promptly stopped trying to be authentic and just decided to be as real and true to myself as possible.
6. Stopped mindlessly watching TV.
7. Made more time for reading in my life. And started reading books from genres I wouldn’t normally read.
8. Discovered I was an introvert — and embraced and honoured that about myself. Stopped feeling guilty for needing alone time.
9. Started meditating.
10. Said yes to my dreams and became a qualified life coach with the Beautiful You Coaching Academy.
11. Stopped turning to Nurofen every single time I got a tension headache and instead started actually working on preventing them from happening in the first place.
12. Being diligent about the people I surround myself with and who I choose to spend my time and energy on.
13. Started prioritising sleep.
14. Moved 230km away from home to go to university, even though it made no sense to anyone else and it just felt right for me.
15. Quit sugar.
16. Became a more conscious consumer and started decluttering my life frequently.
17. Enrolled in Rachel MacDonald’s Bright-Eyed and Blog-Hearted and finally started a blog.
18. Stopped drinking alcohol.
19. Making decisions based on what feels good, not on what I think I should do.
20. Went to a Vipassana meditation retreat and immersed myself in stillness and meditation for 10 days.
21. Stopped only thinking, planning and dreaming about what I wanted and started taking inspired action.
22. Worked on reducing my anxiety.
23. Letting go of my morning routine and just started the way doing what felt good to me.
24. Stopped letting the fear hold me back from what I really wanted — and let it fuel me instead.
25. Started hiking the incredible nature trails in my local area.
26. Drinking at least 2 litres of water each day.
27. Made today is not over yet my mantra when I was having a ‘bad’ day.
28. Travelled overseas for the first time to Malaysia when I was 16.
29. Filling myself up first before creating and serving.
30. Made it my mission to move every single day.
31. Putting my phone on airplane mode at night time, when I’m working on something or whenever I feel like it.
32. Embraced impermanence.
33. Started treating my life like an experiment.
Now I’d love to hear from you. What is one of the best things you ever did? Let me know in the comments below.
Enter your details below to receive fortnightly newsletter-only updates, insights and inspiration – plus you will also receive a FREE copy of my super inspirational eBook Infinite: Take your life to the next level and beyond!