The 21st of September is a special day… It’s World Gratitude Day!
World Gratitude Day began in 1965 in Hawaii and since then has become a day that is celebrated and acknowledged across the entire world.
World Gratitude Day is a day dedicated to being grateful, expressing appreciation, giving thanks and celebrating with gratitude!
As you may already know, I first started practising gratitude when I was thirteen years old and it has become one of the most powerful practices I have in my life.
However, gratitude isn’t just a practice for me or something I do, it’s the way I live my life.
Gratitude is one of my most important values in life (and business) and the way I approach everything is with gratitude.
If you’re wanting to bring more gratitude into your life today, here are 10 ideas to help you celebrate World Gratitude Day today:
1. Reflect on what you’re grateful for at the moment and write it down, just for you!
2. Here is a daily gratitude worksheet you can download to help guide you in exploring what you’re grateful for today.
3. Share what you’re grateful for with some people in your life and invite them to do the same. You could ask them, “What are you most grateful for in your life right now?”, or “What has been the best part of your day/week/month/year?” You could do this in person or virtually.
4. Play some music that makes you feel grateful or make a gratitude playlist (I’ll be sharing my latest gratitude playlist in The 28 Day Gratitude Project!).
5. Gratitude isn’t just an action, it’s a feeling! So today you might like to take a moment to be with the feeling of gratitude (I do this every morning as I drink my chai!).
6. You might like to share what you’re grateful for in a post on social media. If you do please tag me @oneinfinitelife as I would love to see your gratitudes.
7. Or if you don’t want to do your own post for this, you might like to share what you’re grateful for on my latest gratitude list on Instagram. There is something powerful about publicly sharing what you’re grateful for.
8. You might like to save this fun Instagram Story graphic below that I’ve created for you and fill it out and post it on your own stories (or you can screenshot the graphic via my stories). If you do this tag me @oneinfinitelife so I can see what you’re grateful for today!
9. Here is the gratitude manifesto from the digital gratitude guide for The 28 Day Gratitude Project. You might like to print it out and put it somewhere to remind you to be grateful.
10. You might like to use today as an opportunity to thank someone in your life. You might send a thank you text message, voice note or email, write a review or testimonial for someone or you might even like to write someone a thank you note.
And if you’re really wanting to bring more gratitude into your life…
I am currently offering The 28 Day Gratitude Project for free until the end of this month as a gift for you!
This project includes daily emails, a digital gratitude guide (with workbook), access to a private Instagram account (for extra content) and more!
You can go through the experiment and engage with it however you like, using whatever element of it works for you, a combination of them, or even dip and out of it as you like, it’s really up to you.
You can find out everything you need to know about the project and sign up here.
Use the code GRATITUDEDAY to get free access, just as a gift from me to you.
I would love to support you in experimenting with bringing more gratitude into your life.
Whatever you do today, I hope you get to experience (at least) one moment of gratitude today!