I recently spent a week at Magnetic Island for a family holiday and had an amazing time.
I spent a lot of time walking, swimming, reading and just relaxing.
And I was grateful to be reminded of these things…
1. I love being outside and need to do this in my daily life more often. So since I’ve been home I’ve been making a conscious effort to get outside more during the day.
2. I love living near the ocean.
This week I’ve been holidaying at Magnetic Island, and I have been reminded me how much I love spending time at the beach. I never really fully appreciated living so close to the ocean until I moved (and lived) in Regional Victoria for 3 years. Now, I can’t imagine not living near the ocean ever again. And for now, I’m going to soak up as much as this as humanly possible ? Have an incredible day, wherever you are in the world ?
3. I love hiking. The challenge. Getting exercise. Being in nature. Feeling like I’ve accomplished something. (Note to self: make hiking a more regular thing at home).
4. Watching less TV means more time for reading, card games, board games and therefore more fun and connection.
5. The secret to doing your best work is creating from a full cup. This has been something I’ve learnt over and over again this year. And going away for a week was another one of these reminders. Filling yourself up first and taking time out helps you to do your best work.
6. The power of manifestation.
A cool manifestation story: A few years ago my Dad mentioned that he thought we should go to Magnetic Island for a family holiday someday, aand I was living away from home at the time studying at university so it wasn’t going to happen anytime soon, but I thought it was an awesome idea. So when I created a new vision board, I added a photo of a house at Magnetic Island. And even though I saw this vision board every single day I never gave it another thought until earlier this year. We had booked flights to go to Magnetic Island for a week (yay!) and when my Dad showed me where he wanted to book our accomodation, I shouldn’t of been suprised that it turned out to be the exact house that had been sitting on my vision board for the past 3 years. No one could believe that it was the exact same house so I dug through all my stuff that I had just unpacked when I had recently moved home and found this photo to show them. The best part is this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Ever since I created my first vision board when I was 13, stuff like this has been happening often. Some people say that stuff like this is a conidence — and maybe that’s true — all I know is that I’d much rather choose to see stuff like this as divine synchronicities, for which I’m incredibly grateful for ?? #thankyouuniverse
A photo posted by Chloe (@oneinfinitelife) on
7. I love going away, but I also love coming back home because I truly do enjoy (and love) my regular everyday life.
And now for the photos…
Now over to you! I’d love to hear what you you are reminded of when you go away on holidays. Let me know in the comments below.
Love & Gratitude,
PS. You might also enjoy: How to add more gratitude into your life.
PPS. I’ve also got a FREE daily gratitude worksheet to guide you in exploring what you’re grateful for in The Infinite Collection. You can access to this worksheet — plus a whole lot of other resources by entering your details in the sign up box below 🙂
Enter your details below to get access to The Infinite Collection — a FREE (and growing) library of resources to help you get the most out of your one infinite life. There’s currently an epic eBook, worksheets, workbooks, audios and more!
Plus you’ll also receive super exclusive content from me each week, including personal stories and insights, behind-the-scenes peeks (that I don’t share anywhere else!) and lots more.