Today is a special day… It’s World Gratitude Day! And yes it’s a real thing!
World Gratitude Day began in 1965 in Hawaii and since then has become a day that is celebrated and acknowledged across the entire world.
World Gratitude Day is a day to bring the whole world together in being thankful and to celebrate with gratitude.
So on that note, here are 10 ideas to help you celebrate World Gratitude Day today:
1. Reflect on what you’re grateful for at the moment and write it down, just for you!
2. Here is a daily gratitude worksheet you can download to help guide you in exploring what you’re grateful for today.
3. Share what you’re grateful for with some people in your life and invite them to do the same. You could ask them, “What are the 3 things you are most grateful for in your life right now?“, or “What has been the best part of your day/week/month/year?” You could do this in person or virtually.
4. Play some music that makes you feel grateful. Here is my gratitude playlist if you’d like to have a listen.
5. Gratitude isn’t just an action, it’s a feeling! So today you might like to take a moment to be with the feeling of gratitude (I do this every morning as I drink my chai!).
7. Or if you don’t want to do your own post for this, you might like to share what you’re grateful for in the comments on my posts today. You can share on my latest Facebook post or on my latest Instagram post. There is something powerful about publicly sharing what you’re grateful for.
8. You might like to download this fun Instagram Story graphic I’ve created for you and fill it out and post it on your own stories (or you can screenshot the graphic via my stories). If you do this tag me @oneinfinitelife so I can see what you’re grateful for today!
9. Here is the gratitude manifesto from the digital gratitude guide for The 28 Day Gratitude Project. You might like to print it out and put it somewhere to remind you to be grateful.
10. You might like to use today as an opportunity to thank someone in your life. You might send a thank you text message, voice note or email, write a review or testimonial for someone or you might even like to write someone a thank you note. I’m going to be doing a thank you session today to write some thank you notes!
If you’re wanting to really commit to adding more gratitude into your life, here are 2 more ideas for you:
1. You might like to sign up to The 28 Day Gratitude Project and experiment with gratitude for 28 days. You will also get access to a private Instagram account where I’ve been showing up daily this month to share extra content and personal insights and saving them as highlights so you can revisit it any time as you go through the experiment. You can sign up to the project instantly here.
2. You might like to join the Monthly Gratitude Sessions I’m going to be hosting starting next month. These sessions will take place on the first Tuesday of the Month in October, November and December. These sessions are for those who have gone through (or are going through) the gratitude project and are wanting to come together in a group space to get my support with integrating gratitude into their lives in a deeper way. You can sign up to both the Project and the Monthly Gratitude Sessions here.
Whatever you do today, I hope you get to experience (at least) one moment of gratitude today.